Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15, 2012:

Rhythm is finished.  She turned out very pretty, her colors are very bright and pretty.  I enjoyed stitching her and am looking forward to the other Muses.

I also finished part 1 of the Mystery Halloween Sampler by Lizzie Kate:

I am really enjoying this one - I can't wait for part 2 to arrive - although it won't be until mid-August... and then the final piece of the puzzle mid-September.

Last night with the help of my son Christopher I picked out my next project - Water Lily by Nora Corbett.  He went through all of my kitted projects picked the one he wanted me to stitch.  Then he went through all of my fabric and picked the fabric he wanted me to stitch on.   The fabric was actually pretty perfect colorwise until I started stitching and realized the Krenick in the pattern is almost exactly the color of the fabric (and the fabric is an opal too).  This is a problem because the wing is stitched using the Krenick and will blend right in with the fabric.  I thought about trying to switch fabrics, but he had worked so hard to select the perfect one that I decided to stitch it and then try to blend the Krenick with a darker coordinating thread when I get to the wing so that it will stand out from the fabric... hopefully it will work.  Here is my progress as of this morning:


  1. Lovely stitching, Lalena. Rhythm is stunning. Congratulations! Cute Lizzie Kate design too. Love your new Water Lily start. The fabric is so pretty. Looking forward to see more.


  2. You have been very very busy! I love Rhythm - working on her as we speak. I do love the butterflies but initially didn't want to spend the money on them - I might be persuaded - yours are adorable!

  3. Thanks everyone. Water Lily is coming along quickly. I'll try to post an update later today. I love the way the butterflies look Jocelyn but they were a pain to stitch on. Can't wait to see your finished Rhythm - hopefully your threads will be there soon!!