Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012:

My fabric finally arrived and I was able to stitch Part 1 of the Passione Ricamo Mystery Fairy SAL.  I stitched it on Rainbow Dreams fabric from Silkweaver:





I love how Part 1 turned out -- 11 parts to go.  Part 2 should arrive on August 1st - I saw a preview today so I know that the yellow tail you see in the picture will be a crescent moon.  I still have no idea what the fairy looks like, but I'm sure she will be beautiful.

I've also been continuing to work on Water Lily by Nora Corbett.  I love the colors in this one as well:



This cute little guy is my son Christopher who picked out the fabric for Water Lily and decided that she was the one I should be stitching on right now:


Christopher is my biggest stitching fan and takes a great interest in what I'm working on.  He likes to sit with Mommy and help.

Next week I'm looking forward to a workshop in Memphis with Susan Greening Davis.  I'll post some pictures while I'm there.  I'm also looking forward to visiting Stitchers Inc. a Local Needlework Shop located in Memphis.  I don't have a local shop here so I have to order all of my supplies online.  It will be nice to do some in person shopping for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment