Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29, 2012:

It's been a busy stitching week.  I've been in Memphis for Rock-n-Roll Memphis with Susan Greening Davis.  We have been working on a perpetual calendar - it's an beautiful project and when finished it will be placed on a wonderful frame.  It will either go on my fireplace mantel or I might take it to my classroom I think my students would enjoy it.


The project includes a bundle of beautiful limited edition colors from The Gentle Art.


Here is my start of the project with just the numbers stitched.  The numbers are all one over one and there are three separate panels of numbers.


Here I have started stitching the months.  There are four months per panel.  I have made some minor adjustments - added beads to avoid the colonial knots.


Here is a close up of part of the calendar.

While in Memphis we have also had fun visiting family.  We took a tour of the Fed Ex arena where the Memphis Grizzlies play.  Today we went to Graceland and did the tour.  Here is a picture of the boys with Susan Greening Davis:


I was also able to visit a local needlework store Stitchers Inc. and had a great time shopping.  I picked up and kitted several Lizzie Kate designs including Halloween Rules and 6 Fat Men.  I also picked up several Halloween designs, lots of fabric and fibers and some Bohin Needles (my favorite).  I've also been stitching a lot this week and have finished Water Lily and started The Thimble Fairy by Nora Corbett - the last of the Stitching Fairies that I had left to stitch.





I will post some updates on 12 Months of Happiness and The Thimble Fairy soon.  Happy Stitching!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time. Water Lily looks fantastic. What a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete