Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012:



Still working on Elizabeth.  I didn't get as much done on the skirt as I had hoped today, but there is always tomorrow.

A good portion of the day was spent at UNC Children's Hospital.  My youngest son, Christopher, had his annual appointment with his neurologist today.  For those who don't know, Christopher is being followed for a possible diagnosis of Neurofibromatosis.  It was all good news this year, no new neurofibromas and the one from last year has not grown at all.  He has some additional cafe ole spots, but that we already knew.  The doctor said we could come back in two years instead of one, unless he showed any additional symptoms.  So a very good visit!!

Generally, we have a pretty long wait when we go to the neurologist so I took a portable stitching project with me to work on while I waited.  I took Free Betty by Bent Creek with me.  It turned out to be a magical stitching project... every time I got a few stitches into it we were called back, the first time to have all of his vitals taken, the next time to meet with the doctor.  You can see my progress below.  I don't have all that much left on this project, but tend to save it for when I know I am going to be waiting for an appointment.


Tonight I had a great time browsing (and shopping a little) on the Silkweaver Facebook fabric auction.  I'll be tuning in again tomorrow evening at 5:30 to see if there are any "must have" cuts of fabric.  I am also expecting the fabric I ordered last week to arrive in the mail tomorrow.

The stitching goal tomorrow is to finish Elizabeth's skirt and move on to the chair... we'll see if I get it done.  Two colors to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment